Metwork Release Notes
Version 1.1.0 & 1.2.0 (September 11, 2023 & September 25, 2023) Harmony
- One of our largest updates, Harmony, brings a list of features and functionalities that are designed to make both the user interface as well as the user experience more harmonious and ensure that the branding and quality across the application are consistent.
- Metwork rolled out the new version over two updates [1.1.0 on Sept. 11 and 1.2.0 on 9/25] and is the last significant update before the software moves from Beta to Live.
- Features of Harmony have been implemented across the site and are available for Attorneys, Paralegals, and Associations.
- Implemented billing for Metwork. Users who sign up before October 1st will receive all of 2023 for free; those who sign up after will be billed immediately.
- Users can add multiple payment options, make adjustments to current payment options, and delete options.
- Invoice section added to billing. Users can get all invoices in one monthly statement.
- Plan options implemented (monthly and annually).
- Additional email notifications implemented.
- New help center fully integrated into Metwork.
- Users now have the ability to unsubscribe from unwanted communications, such as specific threads on Metlist.
- Gave users the ability to cancel their membership.
Enhancements and Improvements:
- Enhanced link functionality for users.
- This function is available across modules such as teams, referrals, and associations.
- Users now have the ability to edit, sort, and pin links they share.
- Association members’ roles are now color-coded.
- Profile preview now displays across the whole application upon clicking a user’s profile picture.
- Metwork connections weren’t showing for some users when on “card view.”
- Fixed a bug that prevented the “Feedback Screen” from appearing after a case was settled.
- Team names are now editable, and the name change appears throughout the software.
- Items are now purchasable through association storefronts.
- “Let’s Reflect” slider allows more finite input.
- Restored missing filters in the Referrals, Team, and Network sections.
Version 1.0 (August 15th, 2023) Cruise Control
- Version 1.0, nicknamed “Cruise Control,” is a series of features designed to give users more control over their experience as it pertains to their privacy and data. This update also gives users control over their preferences within each module alongside notifications they do or don’t receive. These additional controls are put in place in order to enhance the overall user experience.
- Added the ability to mute messages. This includes individual messages, team chat, and individual Metlist threads.
- Added moderation for association admins in Metlist. This allows for associations to ensure conversations within association chats are following association guidelines.
- Added comprehensive labels to forms.
- Added option to put an expiration on a referral request to help facilitate your referral workflow.
- Added the ability to turn off notifications you're not interested in.
- Added the ability to set default settings per module.
- Added auto-complete addresses to the software.
- User profile previews now appear if the profile picture is clicked.
- Fixed a bug where uploading a profile picture occasionally deletes the user’s phone number.
Deprecations and Removals:
- Removed compare tabs in the Network module.
Version 0.9 (July 25th, 2023) Mentorship Match for Success
- The development team has been at it again with new updates to improve your experience on Metwork. The latest release, [0.9] (nicknamed Mentorship Match for Success), brings enhanced features to the Mentorship module.
- We also expanded our mentorship roles to include co-mentors. Co-mentors work together to problem solve, be a sympathetic ear, and push each other to achieve limitless possibilities.
Enhancements and Improvements:
- Updated Mentorship module brings you more information, including feedback on productivity, discipline, and quality, goal progress, and mentorship relationships.
- Updated Profiles to include Mentorship section.
- Updated onboarding includes the ability to opt-in to mentorship. Roles include:
- Mentee - Connect to a legal professional with experience to share.
- Mentor - Guide, teach, and grow by sharing expertise with others.
- Co-Mentor - Team up with a colleague to push each other to greatness.
- Added the ability to opt-in to mentorship roles through the mentorship module.
- Added Philosophy section for users to share their mentorship philosophy. This block lets potential matches to get to know your mentorship style better.
- Enhanced the search and invite functions in the Mentorship module.
- Added the ability to send a personal note to the mentorship invite.
- Added goals and meeting frequency to mentorship block.
- Users can set daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly meetings with their mentorship partner.
- Users can set goals for daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly meetings.
- Users can update goals.
- Mark as complete or incomplete.
- Change the goal they are working towards accomplishing.
- Set goals for your co-mentor to ensure you’re both on track.
- Users can track and review progress on their goals.
- Users can send advice to their mentorship partner.
- Users can “Check-in” with their mentorship partners directly from the mentorship block.
- Easily create a direct message without leaving the mentorship module.
- Users can have more than one mentorship relationship.
- Users can end mentorship relationships.
- Users have the option to add feedback into why they are ending the relationship.
- Added additional mentorship notifications, including in-app and email.
Version 0.8 (July 12th, 2023) Paralegal Party
- We are bringing paralegals to the Metwork party with the release of Version [0.8.0]. Paralegals can now join Metwork through sponsorship from a verified lawyer.
- Paralegal accounts have the ability to network with the Metwork community, assist with legal referrals, partake in mentorship, and join legal teams to assist on cases.
- Sponsorship: Our curated community is built on security and trust. That is why all attorneys are vetted before gaining access. Since paralegals do not have a centralized equivalent to a bar card, our new functionality allows them to request sponsorship from a verified lawyer.
- If that lawyer is part of Metwork, they will receive an in-software notification to confirm or deny sponsorship.
- If the lawyer isn’t part of Metwork, they will receive an email with an invitation to join and sponsor the paralegal.
- Onboarding: Guiding the legal community to better connections is the backbone of Metwork. To ensure paralegals receive the best guided suggestions, we released an onboarding process designed specifically for paralegals.
- Functionality: Paralegals now have access to Metwork’s career-defining tools.
- Network: Paralegals can view their current Metwork connections, search and connect with users outside their network, and invite colleagues to join Metwork.
- Messages: Paralegals can send and receive personal, team, and association messages within Metwork.
- Teams: Paralegals can join and create case teams.
- Referrals*: Create and review referrals, set the referral queue, discuss and decline a case, assign referral to a lawyer for acceptance, be assigned as a team member, and be assigned as a team lead. Lawyers can reassign referrals to paralegals to run.
- *Note: In the Referral section, Paralegals do not have the ability to negotiate fees or sign referrals.
- Associations: Paralegals can join and create associations.
- Mentorship: Paralegals can mentor, become a mentee, or partake in co-mentorship opportunities.
Enhancements and Improvements:
- Added HEIC (Apple) image format support to the app, allowing users to upload a profile photo taken with their iPhones.
Version 0.6 (May 23rd, 2023) Associations Part 2
We've expanded association functionality as well as added a number of quality-of-life changes.
- Associations now have the ability to form committees.
- Associations can now create/manage events.
- Associations can create posts on their pages
- Associations have more control over member functionality.
- Updated settings UI.
Version 0.5 (May 4th, 2023) Community Foundation
We've added a number of quality-of-life improvements.
- Improved chat functionality.
- Ability to choose a new team chat and automatically close the last chat.
- Added the ability to send audio messages.
- Redesign of the profile screen.
- Redesign of the “Our Relationship” screen.
- Redesign of referrals.
- Added the ability to opt-in for mentorship.
- Fixed troubleshoot icons not loading.
- Fixed gradient appearing over left navigation panel.
- Removed extra recent case screens in signup.
- Fixed ability to autosave progress during signup.
- Fixed team leader modal not closing properly.
Version 0.4 (March 6th, 2023) Associations
We're bringing Legal Associations onto Metwork. The new module is optimized to streamline processes, save time, and enhance the services provided to association members.
- Association Module
- Easily create, manage, and communicate with committees and groups.
- Robust reporting and storage capabilities keep membership records organized in one central location.
- Metwork members can create and join associations.
- Metlist: A powerful communication tool designed specifically for legal associations and their members, offering a more modern and versatile alternative to traditional discussion forums.
- Updated the slim profile card.
Version 0.3.1 (February 27th, 2023) Bug Fixes
- Fixed Login/Logout buttons sometimes not working as intended.
- Fixed selecting fields of law with contact shows no profiles.
- Added a welcome email once signup is complete.
- Removed edit icon on other people’s fields of law and specialties.
- Various fixes and changes to the design of the app.
Version 0.3 (January 30th, 2023) First-Use Enhancements
A large number of fixes and updates to existing systems.
- New tutorial to help show the basic functions of each module.
- A new bug-reporting system was implemented into the app for easy communication with the support team.
- Improved sign-up wizard (Improved flow for ease of use).
- Improved Network search functionality.
- Fixed the ability to go back to previous pages during sign-up.
- Fixed an error that occurred when trying to invite someone to be a mentor/mentee when you already had one.
Version 0.2 (December 27th, 2022) Signup Wizard
Closed Beta release with the inclusion of the signup wizard.
- Inclusion of a sign-up wizard allowing a new user to create a profile.
- Going through the wizard, a user can specify their background, choose their fields of law and specialties, and find out their personality type.
Version 0.1 (December 14th, 2022) Closed Alpha Release
The first version of closed Alpha. Includes access to Network, Teams, Messages, Referrals, and Mentorship.